Search Frugal Girl Glamour

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Fast & Easy Affordable Valentine's Day Look!

I glanced through Seventeen magazine at a friend's house recently and was reminded how how much I love using blush as an eyeshadow crease color (there was Valentine's Day Makeup spread)! I also realized that this is probably the cheapest makeup look that ever existed. So, naturally, I had to make a tutorial for it! My friend Laura was nice enough to be my Barbie doll for this tutorial. :)

For those of you with darker skin, just pick a blush tone that suits your shade and apply it the same way! Purple shades will look pretty and romantic. :)

Here's the "add-up" of the cost of products I used:

  • Foundation: $4-$9
  • Lip Balm: $2
  • Blush Brush: $1
  • Blush: $2.93
  • Eyeshadow Brush: $1
  • Eyeliner Brush: $1
  • Lash Curler: $1
  • Eyeshadow: $2.94
  • Clear Mascara: $4.44
  • Black Mascara: $5-10

Total = $25.31—$35.31

I'm considering this my $25 Makeup Challenge. :D


The key to pulling of a pink look is to make sure that any red/pink blemishes don't show through anywhere else on your face. So a high coverage foundation is your best friend! I like to use powder foundation because you have a ton of control over how much you want to apply. To make mineral foundations "high coverage" you just need to apply a moisturizer or (good for your skin) oil beforehand. We used sweet almond oil with a little tea tree oil in this tutorial.

If you have trouble with your blush going on too strong, try applying it under your foundation! :)



Enjoy,
-Sadia <3

No comments:

Post a Comment