Search Frugal Girl Glamour

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Two-In-One Tutorial: Long-Lasting Date Night Look & Disguising Puffy Eyes

My beau and I went out to eat a couple weeks ago, so I got myself all dolled up, and filmed the process! I wake up with puffy eyes at least 25% of the time, so I love this makeup look for those days; I hope my pointers help you out, too!

Featured Product Reviews

I recently purchased Rimmel London's "Fix & Perfect" primer for a little over $6 at Target and I'm very happy with it! I have the "Apricot" version (001, I believe, but there is also a colorless version.) If you get it, don't be scared by how dark it is, it goes on very sheer, as you can see in the video. :)

I also used Rimmel's Clean Finish foundation (in "Ivory.") I'm sure there are better foundations out there, but for only spending about $4, I'm happy with it. The only real downfall of the product is that it gets tacky and difficult to spread very quickly. I fixed that by adding some of my (Clean & Clear Dual Action) moisturizer to it. That being said, the fact that it gets tacky can be used to your advantage, because it makes layering makeup much easier. For instance, I could have completely concealed the blemishes between my brows, and the zit on my cheek by adding one or two more layers. (I don't do that, though; I dislike looking totally pore-less, like plastic, haha.) Something I really like about the design of the container is that the cap has a little applicator paddle attached to it. It gives you a lot more control over how much you put on your face, haha.

The Turnout!

Here's the "Before & After" comparison, as well as a pic of how well it held up! (My face looks shiny in the last one because of the flash. So, to the naked eye, it looked even better than in the photo, haha.)

I was amazed that my makeup was still intact after 10 hours, and I think that says a lot about these products!

I Forgot...

I'm beating myself over the head for not mentioning or even using one of my favorite products, in the video, though! I LOVE Garnier's Anti-Puff eye roller. There's caffeine in it, which does wonders for de-puffing, and the metal applicator feels fantastic on the skin. I roll it all the way around my eye socket and I can always feel it working immediately after application. It may not make the puffy-ness go away completely, but my eyes sure feel and look better after using it!

On a different note, I want to plug one of my favorite songs (possibly of all time) which is featured in this video: "Anywhere You Land" by the awesomely talented Alex Niedt; you can purchase it on iTunes via this link. :) You can also listen to it on YouTube, and you get cool points for liking him on facebook! ;)



Enjoy!
-Sadia xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment