Search Frugal Girl Glamour

Friday, August 23, 2013

My Frugal Wedding! Part 1: The Basics

My fiancé, Isaac, and I got engaged back in January, and our wedding date is September 13th! (21 days away!

Ilustration by Phillip Light


We are having a small church ceremony on the 13th, and our reception is on the 14th at my grandparent's home.
Since I'm not big on extravagant things (whoda thunk it?), I knew I would want to start investigating cheap decor, which turned out to be paper flowers (tutorial is prepped)!
My soon-to-be-in-laws are fantastic, and covering the flower order, reception food, and tablecloths/cutlery/plates/etc, and Isaac's dress clothes.
My mom has been great, and letter pressed my save-the-dates, invitations, and thank-you cards.
My dad has been wonderful, and has organized the reception dance playlist and decor (rave style!)
My maternal grandparents covered postage, are making our unity candle holders, and will be making a dish for our picnic style reception.
My paternal grandparents are hosting the reception and have purchased hangers for our lanterns (which I will do a tutorial for.)
And, my aunt is doing photography for us!

Needless to say, our families are awesome, and they've really got us covered! You can see that they want this to be a beautiful, unforgettable, weekend for us. May this act as a sincere "Thank You" for all  of their efforts!

No comments:

Post a Comment