Search Frugal Girl Glamour

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Anne Hathaway as Catwoman (Selina Kyle) Makeup Tutorial

I'm a hee-uge fan of Christopher Nolan's Batman series (seriously, I cried opening night at Dark Knight Rises; the only other times I've cried in a movie theater were through the last two Harry Potter movies), I lurve Anne Hathaway (as any gal who grew up watching Princess Diaries should), and I always thought Catwoman was an empowering and sexy villain/hero/I-have-no-clue-what-she-is. So, seeing as Halloween is coming up in a few weeks, I thought a Catwoman tutorial would be fun and fitting!



I liked that they made Catwoman's makeup pay homage to the comics in the sense that it has very defined lines and is incredibly bold and cartoon-like. This was such a fun look to recreate!



One thing that I'd like to mention (since I didn't put it in the video) is regarding the lips. You want to make them look nice and full. The top lip should have a defined cupids bow and I would suggest going slightly outside of your natural lip-line (is that a term?) just in the center of your upper lip, keeping it angular and exaggerated. You can also add a dab of brown eyeshadow in the center of your lower lip to fake the "dimple" that Anne Hathaway has in hers—it creates a very pouty look.

All you need is a pair of black skinnies, a fitted black long-sleeved top, a big belt, the mask/ears, and a kick-butt pair of stiletto boots to complete the look! Heck, it wouldn't be hard to convince most guys to be Batman for Halloween; this would make an awesome couples costume!

Meeeeow!
-Sadia =^.^=

Image Sources:

No comments:

Post a Comment